What Are My Rights To Have An ESA In My Dorm?

You can keep an emotional support animal with you in the dorm only if a healthcare professional has diagnosed you with a mental illness or anxiety-related issue. But, due to ESA in dormitories being in its starting phase, many colleges may not like or know that you have legal rights to keep an emotional support animal.

Some of the conditions that qualify you for ESA include (but are not limited to) PTSD, panic/anxiety disorders, stress disorder, depression, phobias, personality disorders, etc.

When you’re diagnosed with some emotional/psychological disorder, you have all the right to ask for ESA letter from your doctor. You can also request the same from licensed therapist online through TOUCH ESA.